A pair of socks is essential in everybody’s wardrobe. Be it casual or glamorous these socks are a staple nowadays. However, the staple turns sore when the menacing blisters arrive. Not only do they make your everyday walk extremely painful, but they ensure you don’t recover for a week.
In other words, the blisters are here to stay. To avoid the treacherous blisters, it’s wise to opt for some anti-blister socks as prevention is better than cure. The anti-blister socks will keep any blisters away and enable you to walk about freely!
Before purchasing a pair of anti-blister socks, some crucial factors need to be considered and studied. Only then, you’ll be able to find the best anti-blister socks for yourself.
Know the Types
Most socks will claim to be anti-blister but might act differently on each person. The anti-blister socks’ mechanism depend a lot on how much your feet sweat, what activity you indulge in while wearing socks, which material suits you, etc.
Hence, the pair of socks that avoids blisters on your friend may not help you as it is subjective. Therefore, it is always a good option to study the types and features beforehand so that you can pick exactly what suits your needs!
First and foremost, different activities require separate socks and that’s important. On some days you might need to wear a very thin pair of socks to avoid sweating while on other days, you might need the thicket pair of socks available to protect you from cold.
- Athletic- With sole cushioning, the athletic socks are made for sportspeople who sweat a lot and need comfortable options to prevent any blisters.
- Running- The running socks tend to be of a thinner material, as you need your feet to breathe while doing so. These come in various padding sizes, depending on your choice.
- Walking- For the walkers and joggers, these socks are perfect as they offer moisture-wicking characteristics.
- Casual- The casual socks offer trendy fashion statements in different colors and materials, ensuring durability while you fight away the blisters.
- Hiking- The love for hiking can result in your feet getting blisters. Thus, it’s wise to opt for the thinnest possible hiking socks for comfort.
- Mountaineering- Buy the thickest socks ever, or die from frostbites.
A few socks serve multi-purposes, which need to be considered before buying.
- Liner- The thinnest ever socks that hikers pair with regular hiking socks to lock away the moisture. As we know by now, moisture means odor and blisters.
- Waterproof- Even though these lock away the moisture and water from touching your feet, the waterproof socks are generally thick and may be uncomfortable in certain climates.
With the types of socks being listed it’s necessary to go through the materials for each of them. While some materials may protect your feet, they need to be comfortable and breathable as well.
- Merino wool- The merino wool-made socks tend to be pricier and dry slower, because of the thick cushioning and padding that makes them perfect for cold weathers.
- Synthetic- The synthetics socks are thinner and dry faster, but maybe tough to manage in humid weather and further trigger blisters.
- Ingeo- This renewable and recyclable fabric helps socks to be more breathable and comfortable, but can be fragile in terms of durability.
Other than the above-mentioned points, a few other essential features should be looked through before purchasing a pair of socks.
- Padding- While some socks are heavily padded, others are thinner and padded only on certain areas. Hence, make your choice according to the area in which you need padding and whichever option you’re comfortable in.
- Height- The height of a sock depends completely upon your preference and how you wish to style it, make sure to measure the height before purchasing.
- Fit- Some individuals love a snug fit while some find it too tight. It’s important to remember anything uncomfortable shall be causing blisters so, always pick the cozier one.
Best Anti-Blister Socks
Check on Amazon
2. Saucony Womens’
3. Dimok Athletic
4. Dr. Scholl’s
5. Rockay Accelerate
The breathable anti-mesh pair of socks is made with natural fibers only, ensuring comfort for blister-prone skin. Furthermore, these socks offer to adjust to several weather conditions.
- Suitable for any weather
- Natural fiber-made
- Not durable enough
2. Saucony Women’s
Available in various colors, this pair of socks are made with polyester and spandex. The cushioning on certain parts makes it comfortable to wear, while the anti-mesh technology prevents blisters by making the socks breathable.
- Not for cold weathers
3. Dimok Athletic
These no-show socks are ideal for the trend-setters, with a breathable and light material. The fabric claims to be smooth on your skin, delivering extreme comfort.
- Not moisture-proof
4. Dr. Scholl’s
Made with polyester, spandex, and other fibers, this pair of socks helps prevent blisters by the moisture control properties. Furthermore, it prevents odor and is durable!
- Prevents odor and moisture
- Not for cold conditions
5. Rockay Accelerate
The 100% recycled socks from Rockay are both sustainable and comfortable for your feet. The anti-blister feature serves your purpose fully, ensuring the socks are breathable.
Now that you know what to consider while buying anti-blister socks and where to find the best ones, why wait? Go and grab your desired pair and fight away the blisters! Share this article with your friends to help them avoid blisters too.
You may also like to read: Are Compression Socks Good?